Social Media and PR Manager
ABOUT MEDTECH MOMENTUM
Founded in 2013, MedTech Momentum, Inc. is a fast-growing full-service Medical Marketing Agency, focused on crafting and executing for its clients marketing strategies driven by the power of the Internet and Social Media. The Company works with Medical Technology Companies and Medical Practices located both in the United States and Europe.
Position: Social Media and PR Manager
The Social Media and PR Manger will report to the Director of Social Media and PR. The ideal candidate will be a mature, energetic, professional, creative-minded individual who pays close attention to detail while successfully multi-tasking in a fast-paced agency.
We are looking for a candidate to thrive in our deadline-oriented environment. Ideal candidate must prioritize appropriately, be flexible, maintain grace under pressure and work effectively with high-profile clients. We are looking for a creative self-starter who brings a sense of urgency and strong work ethic and passion to the position.
The primary goal of this position is to manage the social media accounts for our clients as well as managing press releases and media strategy for our clients. The ideal candidate will intimately understand how to utilize social media to drive traffic to websites and how to convert directly from various social media platforms.
The chosen candidate will monitor multiple social media accounts, schedule, plan and execute posts across these accounts; analyze and interpret results. The role will include social media strategy development, content development, publishing calendar creation, graphic design and oversight and participation in all elements of the social and public relations conversation.
- Preparing and editing organizational press releases
- Reviewing and analyzing press release performance
- Developing and maintaining a media strategy/media plan for clients
- Developing and maintaining media kits
- Creating media lists and conducting media outreach
- Experience using PR Web/Cision/Meltwater
- Copywriting for social media, website, and PR related content
- Conduct content audits and create content plans
- Perform research and share engaging curated content (Feedly)
- Assist with the creation of monthly social media content publishing calendars for multiple accounts
- Conduct social media audits and optimization
- Ability to create social media strategies and execute social media tactics
- Engage and communicate with social media audience
- Understanding of social media ads and social media advertising strategies
- Schedule and publish posts via social media tools, such as Sprout Social and HubSpot
- Research target audience preferences and discover current trends
- Maintain online conversations with followers and respond to queries
- Grow following and engagement in social media profiles
- Respond to followers’ comments, questions, DMs in a manner that’s always professional, positive, upbeat and respectful
- Assist with email marketing campaigns via MailChimp, Constant Contact & HubSpot
- High proficiency in social media and public relations strategy
- Considerable knowledge of media channels including social media and email marketing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Maintain a working knowledge of principles of SEO such as keyword research
- Maintain knowledge of key marketing trends, industry, and competitive activity
- Availability on weekends (from home) and after hours to occasionally monitor accounts, capture events, and other promotional duties
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Social media savvy and on top of the latest social media trends
- Understanding of influencer marketing and creation of targeted lists
- Understanding of social media metrics, analyze social media reports, and translate analytics into meaningful discoveries for the team and clients.
- Intermediate level experience with Email Marketing Software (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Copywriting and editing skills for social media posts, stories, blogs, landing pages and e-mails
- Ability to evaluate audience and adjust writing tone to fit audience needs
- Bachelors in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- 4+ years working experience in a communications capacity (can include internships) and social media marketing.
- Experience in Medical/Healthcare
- Agency experience
- Adobe Creative Certifications
- HubSpot Certifications
- Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time